Connecting Individuals with Their Communities
We assist individuals with learning to live successfully in home and community-based settings, while helping consumers acquire, maintain, and improve the skills necessary to live independently. Through In Home & Community Supports, they are given more opportunities to participate meaningfully in community life.
Our services consist of assistance, support, and guidance in the general areas of self-care, health maintenance, decision making, home management, managing personal resources, communication, mobility and transportation, relationship development and socialization, personal adjustment, participating in community functions and activities, and use of community resources.
Some examples include:
- Participating in daily living skills (grooming, hygiene, dressing, meal prep)
- Promoting physical and mental health and wellness
- Managing medical care (arranging/attending appointments)
- Managing home (arranging/paying utilities, routine maintenance)
- Achieving financial stability
- Communicating with providers
- Developing relationships within the community
- Exercising rights as a citizen
- Participating in preferred activities (shopping, restaurants, museums)
- Arranging transportation
- Developing interests and hobbies
- Receiving support in ways of range of motion exercises, monitoring seizure activity, and crisis intervention